Believe it or not, chocolate is an everyday staple in my life and that's something I don't plan on changing any time soon. Now, before you think this is an excuse for you all to raid the confectionery isle at your local supermarket, THINK AGAIN - I'm talking about dark chocolate, at least 85% or higher here people.
Raw Cacao is a potent source of antioxidants, and these wondrous cells protect our bodies from a build up of free radicals from daily pollution, sun exposure and smoking. An accumulation of these free radicals can lead to excessive signs of ageing and damage healthy body tissue, making us more susceptible to cancer and cardiovascular disease.
So, what better excuse to get creative in the kitchen than to make some of this rich, melt in your mouth, indulgent chocolate goodness? Here i've added goji berries and a sprinkling of maca powder, but you can add whatever extras you like. Why not try swirling in some almond butter, crushed nuts or coconut chips and see how you get on.
1 1/2 cups coconut oil
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
2 pinches sea salt until smooth/combined
1. Over a low heat, melt the coconut oil in a pan
2. Slowly add in the cacao powder and continue to stir
3. Sprinkle in the salt and make sure it combines until smooth
4. Once the mixture is finished, remove from the heat and add the rice syrup
5. Using a small baking tray generously lined with tin foil, pour in the mixture adding in any extras after.
6. Place in the fridge/freezer overnight