Finally I've done it! I've managed to perfect my healthy gluten and dairy free pancake recipe, this Sunday morning got off to a good start (slightly sad, even i'll admit). Before I'd added in a couple of key extras, my pancakes were finding it hard to stick together - resulting in a few 'scrambled' attempts that looked far from appetising. However, now I've got it nailed and am ready to share with you all! Enjoy these fellas with a side of berries, a sprinkling of unsweetened dessicated coconut and a little drizzle of 1005 pure organic maple syrup.
(makes about 5 small pancakes)
1 banana, mashed
A small splash of dairy free milk (I used rice milk this time)
2 free range eggs, whisked
1 tsp coconut flour
1 tbsp unsweetened dessicated coconut
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1. Mix together the mashed banana and eggs in a bowl, adding the flour, dessicated coconut and cinnamon.
2. Using a non stick pan, place on a medium heat and add the coconut oil.
3. Take a ladle and place some of the mixture onto the pan (I cook two at a time)
4. Leave to cook for about 2 minutes before flipping over, they should be golden.
5. Once cooked, arrange on a plate with the fruit and toppings of your choice.
Enjoy these yummy delights - great for a Sunday morning treat!