This granola is free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar and is an ideal choice for those who like a bit of crunch with their morning brew. Baked in coconut oil, this breakfast choice is full of healthy monounsaturated fats to give your skin back that glow it may have lost during the festive party season. Have this with a splash of dairy free milk, or sprinkle on top of some goat's yoghurt - trust me, you'll never look at that box of Special K again. You're welcome.
(Makes enough to fill a large Mason jar)
2 cups of gluten free oats
3 tbsps of raw coconut oil
1/4 cup each of chopped almonds, walnuts and cashews (or any blend that you like)
1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup chopped dates or cranberries
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp raw honey, rice syrup or 100% organic maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a saucepan, melt the coconut oil and then add to a bowl with the raw honey.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, oil, honey, nuts and spices. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a lined tray with foil or baking parchment and place in the oven, cook for 15-20 minutes. Check regularly to avoid burning.
- Once mixture has reached a nice golden colour, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- When the granola has cooled completely, add the pumpkin seeds and chopped dates - then store in an air sealed container or Mason jar until ready to serve.